Because I tweet more often than I blog.

    follow me on Twitter

    lundi, mai 14, 2007

    Munday Lundi Lunedi 星期一

    There's been this virus, Flashy, spreading through thumbdrives in TP! :(

    Sadly, my Thumbthumb got infected too...

    Anyway, my Care Person provided with this email forwarded to him from some other lecture which is supposed to help in curing the virus...

    I may have used the computer for ages, but asking me to back up files, reformat things is like asking a baby to go to the stores and buy newspapers.

    So if you manage to save your thumbdrive from that stupid Flashy with the following instructions and you have means to translate those instructions to a more humanly language, PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO IT.

    I love my Thumbthumb. :(

    Okay, here goes:

    1. Disable System Restore (My Computer > Right click > System Restore > turn off System Restore)
    2. Restart in Safe Mode (Press F8 before Window boots) and disable any realtime protection from your antivirus/antispyware.
    3. Run the tools, Stinger (http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/) and AntiVir Removal Tools for Windows (http://www.avira.com/en/support/antivir_removal_tool_for_windows.html) (all were run just in case there were other similar worms/trojans [seriously, I don't understand what the hell the lecturer is driving at])
    4. Run AutoRuns (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/Autoruns.mspx) and seach for all entries containing flashy.exe flashybot systemId.pif
    5. If folderoptions still does not show up, go to registry editor (Start menu > Run > Regedit) and browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Polices\Explorer and if NoFolderoptions is having value 1, then change it to 0 or remove (back up before doing it) and search for NoFolderoptions and change it too
    6. Reboot the computer, run a complete scan with your regular antivirus and antispyware (updated definitions of course)
    7. Restart again and then enable System Restore (remove turn off)
    Thumbdrive must be plugged into the system while doing the above.

    Gosh, I hope these really works!




    I had a quiz earlier this morning and zzz.. God bless me that I can scape a pass with this please. It was hilarious the way I crapped my way through the definitions.


    Koonpheng has caught the common flu bug and we were so desperately outta tissue, we went to steal tissues from this push cart selling Spongebob tissue box covers (which I have to say, is super cute). Imagine the scene if we were caught stealing tissue from the tissue boxes which were solely for display. Hahaha.


    I have like 20 Freddos with me now (make it 15, I think) and I AM SO NOT GOING TO SHARE. BWAHAHA.

    Aucun commentaire: