Because I tweet more often than I blog.

    follow me on Twitter

    jeudi, septembre 29, 2005

    Nightmare

    Time : 11.28 pm

    "I am terribly sorry. That's the only solution left or else we would lose her."

    That was the mumbles I heard as I began to arouse.

    As if in a distance, a woman, who I believed is my mother, began to sob.

    I was in a daze.

    What is happening?

    My vision became sharper and clearer and I was myself lying on the hospital bed.

    In a corner, my parents were curdling together. My mother was sobbing miserably with my daddy's arm around her shoulder.

    Suddenly, I had the flashbacks of what that caused my entrance to the hospital.

    I was ill.

    Terribly ill.

    I wasn't sure of the medical term of my illness, but I was sure that it was due to the massive bruises and sores that caused my red blood cells to clot up, prevent regular blood respiration. (Ha. I made that up. I don't even know what the hell red blood cells are for. I only know they exist in our body. Actually, my dream was very vague and I had to add MANY things myself.)

    My parents were told by the doctor that I might not live for long..

    They didn't know that I was aware of my condition of course; I was eavesdropping all the way.

    How could I be oblivious of MY OWN CONDITION?!

    I took a peep towards them, and saw plentiful bouquets of beautiful sunflowers and daises, along with a mountain of fruit baskets.

    "People actually cared about me." I smiled.

    I received many visitors. All of my friends (I shall not name who!) came to visit me. Although they tried to be as normal as possible, there was still a presence of.. Secretion. Once in a while, I saw members of the Papers trying to hold back their tears while joking around with me.

    Will I die very soon?

    Random thoughts shivered through my mind every now and then. Just how long do I have left, I always question myself.

    After quite some time, my parents decided to tell me the truth. Just what I was supposed to be operated upon.

    "Darling, the doctor will be amputating your feet away. *my mother sobs* Without doing so, the bad cells would had pervaded throughout your body, causing a larger deteriation of your health and you might just leave.."

    My father broke down without finishing his sentence, but I knew exactly what he meant to say.

    It took me a few minutes, which felt like years, for me to digest the painful truth.

    My heart gave a large skip.

    Me? No more feet?

    How in the world can I shop again!

    I really did not know what to respond. The feet I had walked on for 16 years and 6 months are going to be chopped off, literally, from me. I wouldn't be able to walk, jump, run, swim, kick like a normal being anymore.

    People would pity me. People would look down on me.

    I was so pessimistic that I threw my blanket over my head and pretend to be asleep.

    Tears trickled down my cheeks. All I really need at that time was an embrace from the one I love the most.

    I wasn’t sure of just how long I hugged myself and cried my heart out, but one thing for sure, my heart broke.

    [We are interrupted here because I woke up. Come on! It’s just a nap. I shall continue my story with my own inspiration.]

    Reluctantly, I agreed to the operation after a few days of consideration.

    My friends insisted that they would love me just like the usual 2-legged me.

    I could get artificial feet and continue with my life.

    There was definitely still tons of stuff for me to do even though I would be physically disabled!

    I had no other choice, do I?

    The operation came and went.

    As I awoke from my coma, I looked down to my legs and I was awed.

    No words could actually explain how I felt.

    First came pain, and then heartache.

    Miserable thoughts returned to my mind.

    People will think that I am a weirdo..

    I just want to escape from the cruel reality that I would be a cripple.

    Can you imagine the pain?

    I went thought therapy and I depended on crutches to move about. Sometimes, I would just wake up with the heart to shop at all the malls down town with my girls.

    But then reality would hit me.

    You can hardly walk properly to the toilet alone, Yingting.

    For years.. It took me years to adapt to my new life. My life with crutches.

    It was a painful journey of course, but I learnt a lot.

    Just how to cherish what I had in my hands, and the people around me.

    I could still shop, definitely! Along with the aid of my friends and the trusty crutches, I bought pretty clothes from all the boutiques I loved.

    I still led a normal life. (

    Really.

    THE END!

    Haha. I just returned home and I fell asleep! This is a nightmare, seriously. Imagining just having my feet amputated. Well, I do not think I narrated my story well, but heck! I enjoyed writing it. :D

    I hate the girls for finishing my gan liang (rations) in 3 days. ARGH! I am banning you guys from coming to my house until I restock! You big fat pigs!!

    Blogger was down, and I am really starting to enjoy blogging using Microsoft Word! The downloading was really fast and it’s super user-friendly. Plus! Words will correct all my spelling and grammatical errors! Double YEAH!

    Aucun commentaire: